November 20, 2019
WHAT’S NEW / Hydraulic Products Blogs
Save time, space and money with a briquette machine from Yuken. A briquette machine, also known as a Kiriko machine, is an automatic shavings compactor that uses hydraulic power to compress metal shavings and chips, created by machines when cutting metal, into briquettes. Hydraulic briquetting machines have much larger briquette force than other types of briquette machines, allowing for better results.
There a multiple briquette machine models available which are suited to different industry needs as cuttings and shavings can vary dependent of the size and type of material. The machines also offer various mechanisms for different types of shavings such as long curly shavings, short spirals or even powders like grinding sludge and dust. They are also suitable for a variety of materials including iron, aluminium, brass and casting and for both ferrous and non-ferrous machined metal chips. They are the ideal piece of equipment for any metal working industry.
Briquette (Kiriko) machines are incredibly simple and easy to use. All you need to do is feed the chips into the machine and the compacter compresses them into solid briquettes. There is a huge number of benefits to using a briquette machine including:
- Volume reduction ability allows you to save space when storing: The scraps and shavings are reduced up to 1/40th of the volume once compressed.
- Easier transportation: The reduced size of the compressed shavings reduces the frequency of transportation as a higher volume can be transported in briquette form. Also makes transportation easier and safer and briquettes can be easily stacked unlike shavings.
- Saves you money: When compressing the machine removes cutting oil and stores it in a separate tank, enabling the recovery and reuse of the oil, saving you money on oil costs. Its compact size also reduces transportation and storage costs.
- Makes more money when scrapping: Briquettes fetch a higher price when scrapped than shavings or loose chips.
- Provides a higher yield when melted down: If you are melting down your scrap metal to reuse, the compacted briquettes give a higher yield when melted in the furnace.
- Environmentally friendly: Contributes towards achieving environmental management and improvement as required by ISO 14001 by significantly reducing CO2 emissions.
- Improves safety: Loose shavings and chips will no longer be lying round on the cutting room floor where people could slip or hurt themselves on them. The compacted briquettes are also much safer to handle than loose chips which have sharp edges. Also, because the oils are removed from the briquettes, they don’t leak oil during transportation or around the factory like the loose metal chips, which can lead to slips and falls.
Metal briquette machines can improve your business in many ways, and offer return on investment in a short space of time with continued use. If you are interested in getting your own Briquette (Kiriko) machine, contact us and one of our experts will happily answer any queries and discuss the best options for you.